“The way a book is read — which is to say, the qualities a reader brings to a book — can have as much to do with its worth as anything the author puts into it…. Anyone who can read can learn how to read deeply and thus live more fully.”
~Norman Cousins


Writing is where we truly learn. Join the Journey.

I read from my scriptures (book), but you can find scripture reference here.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Who Do you think you are? Who is your Guide? Helaman 12







So who do you think you are?
I asked the question to a child. The child looked up at me and said "I am Trainboy!" TrainBoy is a boy of seven. Is seven years a long enough time on this earth to know who you are? Yes.

I asked an older man, "Who are you?" He told me a long story of his life and then said,
I'm almost done with my life, What does it matter who I am? " It matters. He wrote his story and published it in a book so that all the world would remember who he was. We all want to matter to someone. We think that who we are depends on what we are remembered for?


I asked my father, "Who are you?" He told me he was a son of God. He told me I was a daughter of God. He told me I
mattered to him, but mostly I mattered to God.

I know that what he told me was right. My spirit inside me told me I was more than blood and flesh. My spirit told me I was my father's daughter, but before this I was his sister. We are all children of God.

We all have to decide if we will see our lives merely as a passage of time inside a body of flesh and blood, or as a spiritual being created to have joy. If we choose one way we will seek guidance as "children of men". If we choose another, we will choose guidance as "children of God."

Who we are matters. It changes everything.

I am a child of God. I did not do it my way As a child of God I learn to do it His way and this
makes all the difference. He (God) has sent me here. I did not show up as a chance of nature. Has given me a an earthly home. I have a spiritual home that I left to come here. With Parents Kind and Dear God knew he could not be physically with me so he gave me parents to be with
me here on the earth. Lead me Guide Me Walk Beside me. Help me Find the Way My parents can lead me... They can guide my steps, my actions, my words, my pathways.. When they don't know how to guide me they turn to God and teach me to do the same.

Teach me all that I must do to live with Him someday. If I am a child of man what destiny do I have after my time here is done? If I am a child of God ... I know I have a destiny, a purpose, and a life after my time here is done. I get to live with Him.. I get to love and help others who also love Him. I get to have joy in my family.


So .. who do you think you are?

God wants us to always remember we are his children. He does not want to rob us of our agency. He wants to show us what we don't know we don't know. Like a guide in a foreign land who speaks a foreign language, we can learn much from Him.

And like a master builder who knows the infrastructure of a building, he has great power and knowledge that he can use to help us as we walk through the buildings of our lives. He has the ability to move walls, raise floors, and guide us all the while. If we fear, we lose our ability to feel his love. His love is needed to help us find our way.

Words and Phrases.



Children of Men: (everlasting evil)
vs 1 unsteady hearts,
vs 2 hardened hearts,
vs 2 forget God t
vs 2 trample under feet
vs 3 not remember God
vs 4 foolish , vain, evil, devilish
vs 4 quick to do inequity,
vs 4 slow to do good
vs 4 set their hearts upon the vain things of the world
vs 5 lifted up with pride
vs 5 quick to boast
vs 5 slow to remember God
vs 5 slow to give ear to His counsels
vs 5 slow to walk wisdom's path
vs 6 they do not desire God to rule over them
vs 6 they will not that he should be their guide
vs 7 less than the dust of the earth

Children of God (everlasting Life)
vs 1 trust in Him
vs 2 prosperity, spared lives,
vs 23 blessed are they that repent
vs 23 blessed that hearken unto voice of God
vs 24 restored grace for grace
vs 24 repentance and good works


God as our Guide.. .
vs 7.. we are less than the dust.. Why? because the dust will obey the voice of God. We do not obey the voice of our God but follow our own will.. Imagine you are in the wilderness .. with your Guide and he has the power to move the earth, to move mountains, to save you. What a great guide that would be.
vs 9-10 power over the land
vs 11-15 power over the earth
vs 16-18 power over the waters of the deep
vs 18-19 Power to accurse
vs 22 -24 power to save and restore grace for grace
vs 25 power to cast out

So who do you think you are? Who do you want to be? Who will be your guide?
Is it possible for a child of seven to know who they are? Yes? They are a child of God and it is the most important thing for them to know. It alone will keep them secure, safe and sure footed on their journey through life.


15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, orthe gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails