Linda Conkey Shaw copyright Dec 15 2010
I'm still in the creation within Genesis. I can't seem to want to leave it. Metaphorically its so beautiful and it leads me into deeper contemplations.
Life is a journey. Sometimes when we travel we find ourselves lingering longer at destinations that inspire us.
Genesis has surprised me. I did not believe when I came here that It would inspire me so, nor that I could find such truths.
I always felt it to be a view on history. I suppose that what the adversary wants me to believe - that it is just a story - or even a myth passed on, watered down from generation to generation.
But when you read the passages they jump out to touch your soul. They find place within me. My soul recognizes the truth and a reverberation of internal perspective begins a new.
What I realized this week was that Genesis is not only a blueprint for creation but also for family, for our lives, for each one of our journeys.
Day Name Purpose
1 Day & Night brings us water/ spirit/ light
2 Heaven brings us air/
3 Earth land to stand on foundation for earthseed
4 Greater Light/ LesserLight rules.. .lights for direction instruction
5 Whales life after its kind water seed
6 creeping things/ Man dominion rules over creatures
Some points to Ponder
- Light came from the spirit of God as it moved upon the waters
- When you create something in order to bring it to life, it must be named.
- God created... God moved upon the face of hte waters. God said.. "light". God divided the light. God made a firmament. God divided the waters. God Gathered the waters. God is a very important part in the creation of life. When our life is dark.. we must let God in so that we can redefine our life.
- vs 1 heaven and earth are made up of deep and waters.
- before there could be light, there was heaven
- light divides the darkness upon the deep waters
- Divisions.. the creation was a series of division. 1. Day 1 night and day when God divided the deep waters with light
- 2. Day 2 HeavenWhen god divides the waters and creates the heavens where the gases (air) resides
- 3 Day 3 Division of LIfe when God divides the seas to call forth dry land and have life (earthseed) come forth both the land.
- 4 Day 4 Lights are divided ... Although light first divided the waters and helped to created day and night, light itself is not divided until the Day 4.
- 5 Day 5 Divisions of the waters.. waters are divided into life forms that both swim and fly
- 6 Day 6 Division of earth into life forms that creep, move upon the land.
- Man is not a product of the earth's creation like all of the other life .. Man was created separately
- to bring dominion to the earth and her creations. Man was created in God's image.
- Water contains the spirit of God.. a bit of stretch but consider the creation w/o water.. Water also contains light or (intelligence).
- land - earthseed (grass/ wheat/ fruit/ trees) came from the light that existed within the earth..
- light - first created on Day 1 but then further divided on Day 4 to create sun, moon, stars
- waters - contained a different type of seed from the earth.
- creatures and beasts - Day 6 came from the earth, unlike Man who was created from the earth in the image of God.